Saturday, May 30, 2015

21 Simple and Inexpensive "Just Because" Gifts for Anyone




One thing I LOVE to do is give gifts to people I love. "Just because" gifts are always sweet no matter how small or simple, because it shows that you were thinking about the person. Fortunately there are many ideas where you do not have to break the bank, but can still put a smile on someone else's face. 

Here's a list of 20 simple and inexpensive gifts for your special someone, best friend, or family member! 

1. Alex & Ani Charm Bangles 
These bracelets have become quite the trend lately, and they're adorable when you have several of them stacked at a time. Each charm has a different meaning. My favorites are the arms of strength bangle, initial bangle, seashell bracelet. All of these are under $30! 

The one that is closest to my heart is the best friends bangle. My best friend Sabrina got them on my birthday, and I wear the "best" bracelet so she wears the "friends" bracelet. We wear ours every day. 


2. Flowers 
I think I can speak for the majority of women when I say that we love receiving a nice bouquet of flowers. Flowers do not always have to be special delivered from a flower service. If you are visiting your mom, grandma, or girlfriend for the day feel free to grab a simple bouquet from any store. Trader Joe's has beautiful arrangements, and you can usually find a nice arrangement at other grocery stores for under or around $20. 

It is the thought that counts, and regardless of price the gesture is always appreciated.  


3. Frame with Photos Inside 
This gift does not take too much effort. It especially comes in handy when someone you love is moving into a new place, and struggling with decor ideas. Grab a frame, develop some photos of you and the person, and put the photos in the frame! 

Some cute frames for family are this one and this one
For a special someone I really like this love frame

There are so many different frames out here, but those are just a few of my favorites. 



4. Lush Bath Bombs 
Any woman who has been on social media in the past 6 months has heard of lush bath bombs, and I am obsessed with them. They are a great addition to any bath. They make your skin super soft, and they make you smell good. Different bombs have different scents and surprises inside but my favorites are the sex bomb and space girl bomb



5. Wine Aerator 
For the wine lovers, I can guarantee you that they will love a wine aerator. This device makes your wine taste better, and it improves the aroma of the wine. The best part is that you can snab one for under $20. This is one by the brand Vinturi, or you could try this one from Basily. 



6. Portable Phone Charger 
In this day and age, phones are essential. We use them for everything, and having the battery run out is more than inconvenient. 

We all have that friend who is constantly charging their phone and will do nearly anything to locate an outlet, so why not get them a portable charger to save them the hassle.

You can find some cute patterned ones at Tilly's. I also like this Macaron pattern that you can find at Charming Charlie's. Maybe even get one for yourself while you're at it. 



7. Gift Card 
I will never turn down a gift card, and I do not know anyone who will. 



8. Personalized Pillow or Blanket
The possibilities are endless when you are personalizing something. You can use a quote, their name, a photo, or anything you would like! Whenever I need something personalized for someone, I go to Zazzle. I have yet to be disappointed in any of my purchases. 



9. Candles 
I'm a candle fanatic. If I am in relaxation mode (which is always), I can guarantee that a candle has been lit.

I usually get mine at Bath & Body Works. They have sales on their 3 wicks often. Not only do they smell amazing, but they last for a while and really fill the room. 



10. Journal  
This will be much appreciated by writers. You could get a pretty one from Kate Spade like this "chic happens" journal, or get a personalized one from Zazzle


11. Cupcakes 
Who wouldn't love to have someone show up at their door with some cupcakes? I know I would. Surprise them with cupcakes and treats from a local bakery, and then hope that they will share them with you :) 


12. Makeup Palette 
Any makeup lover will appreciate a new and good quality palette. If a woman takes the time to put on makeup, we want it to stay for hours and we want the colors to be noticeable. 

My absolute favorite palette right now is the Urban Decay Naked 2, but an inexpensive alternative is the Urban Decay Naked Basics



13. Jar Filled with Things They Love 
A great idea is to get a jar and fill it with several inexpensive little gifts. Some ideas are lip balm, lipstick, a beauty blender, lip gloss, or candy. You also could fill it up with cookies. 

Wrap a bow around the jar, and there you have it! 


14. Camera Strap 
If your special someone is a photographer, consider making them a new camera strap out of fabric. This will really make the gift sweet and personalized. Tutorials on how to do make these are here



15. Photo Magnets 
Instead of putting your photos into a frame, make them into magnets for their fridge. 

You can either make your own magnets - tutorial here - or buy a magnetic frame



16. Cute New Mug 
I am a lover of tea and hot chocolate, and at least 1/4 of my joy comes from the mug that I am using. 

There are a plethora of mugs out there, but I am in love with this Minnie Mouse one and this Elephant one. 




17. Make a CD 
I've gotten these in the past, and they're always adorable to receive. I have CDs that have been made for me still in my car from years ago, and I will sometimes still listen when I'm having a long drive. I doubt many people use CDs anymore, but they can be a really adorable "just because" gift. 

Get a CD and put some songs on it. Either put some that you know the person loves or put some on it that make you think of them.  



18. Satin Sheets & Pillow Cases 
This is kind of a random idea in contrast to the others on the list, but it's so much better for your hair to sleep on satin than cotton. Your special someone (and their hair) will be grateful for your gesture to help fight split ends and conserve their edges. Find some satin sets here



19. Nail Polish
A few new polish colors is a great gift for any woman. 

One of my all time favorites is OPI's Cajun Shrimp.  
My most recent go-to is OPI's Koala Bear-y

You can find many other colors on loxabeauty.com. With the code LAUGH10 you receive 10% off your entire purchase. This code applies site-wide. 



20. Phone Speaker 
When I'm taking a shower or getting dressed, music is essential. My phone's built in speaker, though, is simply not loud enough for my needs - my phone speaker comes in handy for these times. Get one for the music lover in your life, and snag one for yourself while you're at it! 


21. Laptop Stickers and/or Cases 
Having a case on your laptop personalizes it, and really makes it all your own. I got mine in pink. I'm even more in love with my leopard sleeve. Get it here

If you have any other ideas for simple and inexpensive gifts, share them below! If you end up using one of these ideas I'd love to hear about how the surprise went. Leave a comment, and have a great weekend! 

xo, Deija 

0 comments:

Post a Comment