Saturday, June 20, 2015

10 Netflix Shows to Binge Watch



I will be the first to tell you that I am a homebody and an introvert. I can sit in the same spot for 3 days straight watching tv, reading, and eating and I will never get bored. I always dread that question in interviews when they ask "so what do you like to do in your free time?" - the answer I really want to say is "sit for hours and hours on my computer" but I refrain. 

So, I wanted to share with you 10 shows to watch on Netflix if you are looking for something new to do in your spare time. If you'll notice, all of them have a strong female lead since those are the shows I usually gravitate towards (gotta support other women right?) I also will attempt to give descriptions of each show in my own words. Don't mind the rambled and scattered summaries - just accept that I tried. 




1. Hart of Dixie 
There's this doctor from New York, Zoe Hart. She just finds out that her biological father was also a doctor but in Blue Bell Alabama. He dies and she decides to move there to take his place in his practice. This one is more of an easy watch - corny, some funny moments, but at some point I really just could not stop watching because I needed to know what was going to happen to the characters. 

2. Revenge 
My favorite show ever. It's kind of a mystery. Emily's father was wrongfully accused of a crime when she was a child, so she makes it her entire life mission to get revenge on the people who were responsible. She's intense, strong, and intelligent - all the characteristics you need in a woman who's out to ruin everyone's life who ruined hers. This is a must watch

3. Once Upon a Time
This show was introduced to me my junior year of undergrad, and for about 2 weeks straight I wanted to do nothing but watch this. Story book characters such as Cinderella, Snow White, Prince Charming, etc. are placed in modern time and do not realize that they are out of place. It's really cool.

4. Gossip Girl 
If you're a girly girl like me, I'm sure you've watched this series at least once. No need to even give a description. 

5. Witches of East End 
Two women find out that they are witches, and that their mother kept it from them all their lives. A bunch of creepy, and out of the ordinary instances occur throughout the show. I don't necessarily believe in witchcraft or anything like that, but it's interesting to watch.

6. Ringer 
This one was only on for one season before it got canceled, but it was still a good watch. A woman was convicted of murder, runs away to her twin sister, her sister goes missing, so she takes the identity of her twin sister. 

7. Young and Hungry 
This comedy stars Emily Osment (you may remember her from Hannah Montana). She's a food blogger turned personal chef. Cute show. 

8. Chasing Life 
I mentioned this one in my post "A Lesson About Thankfulness and Complaining". A young woman radio host has just been diagnosed with leukemia. It can be heavy at times, but the producers do a decent job of also making the show kind of light.

9. Nikita 
Another one of my favorites, and a must watch! There is a government program called Division who takes criminals from death row and forces them to work as assassins for the US government. Nikita was a recruit of the program who escaped, and is now doing everything she can to shut down Division. Another strong female lead. 

10. Pretty Little Liars 
This is the hit ABC family show based off of a book series. Four girls are stalked and tortured by someone named "A." There's much more to it than that, but my skills of describing shows are lacking. If you have never watched it, just give it a chance.  I've been watching this since high school, and it does not seem to be going away anytime soon. 


Other Shows I Haven't Watched Yet, But My Friends Have Recommended 
Grey's Anatomy 
Orange is the New Black 
Scandal 
Breaking Bad 




That's all I have for now! If you know of any other Netflix shows, let me know. Have a great weekend everyone! 

xo, Deija 

4 comments:

  1. Gossip Girl brings back a lot of awesome memories. :D You should watch Grey's Anatomy it's really good!! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many great things about grey's anatomy I'll have to give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness so guilty of binge-watching Nikita and Grey's xD Love this list!! I've wanted to watch Once Upon a Time for a long time, definitely going to make it my next summer watch list!

    ReplyDelete