Monday, June 29, 2015

Red Lip Colors for the 4th of July

We're quickly approaching the one of day of the year where it is acceptable to obnoxiously wear red, white, & blue together in one outfit without looking a bit ridiculous [excluding Arizona Wildcats game days]. It gives us an excuse to wear the brightest red lip that we own!


Keep reading to see my favorite 3 lip colors for the 4th! 




This one is actually a balm that acts as a lip stain. It has a minty smell and it kind of moisturizes your lips. Since it stains your lips, it's hard to take it off but that also means re-application is barely necessary! If you're not going to be in the mood to constantly re-apply your lip color, and you want to focus on having a good time on the 4th, go for this one. Find it here






Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick - "01"



This color is a bit brighter than the Revlon Color Burst, and it is a lipstick. If you prefer the consistency of a lipstick, then this color is more for you. It goes on smooth, and does not dry matte so it will not dry out your lips. Find this one here






MAC Viva Glam 1



OF COURSE I had to include one of my favorite MAC colors in this post. Viva Glam 1 is the red that looks good on pretty much everyone, and is always sold out at MAC. This one is not as bright, so if you want red but nothing too "out there" this more subtle one may be your best bet. It dries matte. Find it here





If you want a non-red lip color for the 4th then head over to my post Lip Colors for Summer for some inspiration. 

I still haven't decided which red I'll be wearing for the 4th, but it will certainly be one of these 3. Which one will be your choice? Let me know in the comments! :) 

Photos By: Hope Hicks 
xo, Deija 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the MAC one on you! It looks so good! I have a hard time finding reds that look good with my skin tone, maybe I'll take a look at some of these for Canada day!

    Rebecca Gregoire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the formula of the Kate Moss lipsticks! Both of these shades look gorgeous on you sweetheart! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete