Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken

Finding time to prepare a meal for yourself while being a full time college student is difficult. but it can be done. During my senior year I bought a crockpot, and I've had many great meals because of it. I wanted to share one of my favorites! 

My best friend recommended that I try this Honey Sesame Chicken, and it has never let me down. Throw some thawed chicken breasts in your crockpot, toss in the ingredients for the sauce, and let it cook for 4 hours on low. I will admit I don't follow the recipe all that closely, so feel free to add in more or take out whatever you do not like. After all, you're the one eating it! :) 







Ingredients: 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
salt and pepper 
1/2 cup of honey 
1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce 
1/8 cup ketchup 
1 tbsp. vegetable oil 
3 cloves of garlic, minced  
1/4 cup of diced onion 
1 tsp red pepper flakes (I usually use more)
2 tbsp cornstarch 
sesame seeds & chives to sprinkle on top  

Instructions: 
1. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt & pepper. Put them into the crockpot. 
2. Throw in the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. 
3. Stir it around the chicken, and ensure that it is covered. 
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2.5 hours 
5. Remove chicken from crockpot and cut it into pieces at your desired size. 
6. Put cornstarch into the sauce to thicken it up. 
7. Put the chicken pieces back into the crockpot, and coat it well. 

Serve your chicken over rice. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds and chives, and enjoy! 
This recipe was modified from TableForTwoBlog 

xo, Deija 

1 comments:

  1. Wow that looks incredible, like something I would eat at a fancy restaurant! I need to try this, thank you so much for the wonderful recipe! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete